Best Odds Center
best odds centre button
Click here!
Sport TV
watch live tv button
Click here!
to watch
Live FootBall
NPFL
Click here!
Live Scores
play watch Live Score button
Click here!

Crystal Palace Fine, Neymar Retirement Talk & Ratcliffe FA Update

Posted : 21 February 2026

The Football Association confirmed that Manchester United owner Jim Ratcliffe will face no disciplinary action following comments on immigration in Britain. Ratcliffe, who apologised for his language, had said in an interview that the country had been “colonised by immigrants,” a statement that drew criticism including from Prime Minister Keir Starmer.

The FA issued a reminder to Ratcliffe about his responsibilities as a participant in English football but confirmed no further action would be taken. Manchester United manager Michael Carrick emphasised the club’s commitment to equality and diversity ahead of their Premier League trip to Everton, noting the club’s global inclusivity.

United, currently fourth in the Premier League with 45 points from 26 games, will aim to consolidate a Champions League position when they face eighth-placed Everton on Monday.

Crystal Palace Fined for Controversial Banner

The Football Association has fined Crystal Palace £50,000 following the display of a banner by supporters that depicted Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis appearing to hold a gun to midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White’s head. The incident occurred during a 1‑1 Premier League draw at Selhurst Park in August, and the banner contained a text accusing Marinakis of involvement in blackmail, match-fixing, and corruption.

The match was notable as the first meeting between the clubs since Palace were demoted from the Europa League to the Conference League for violating UEFA’s multi-club ownership rules — a decision that allowed Forest to take Palace’s spot in the competition.

In a statement, the FA said the club “failed to ensure its spectators and/or supporters did not behave in an improper, offensive, abusive, insulting, or provocative way at this match” and noted that Palace’s existing banner prevention policies demonstrated awareness of the risk. Palace denied the charge, but an independent regulatory commission upheld it, resulting in the fine.

Marinakis, who acquired Forest in 2017, has repeatedly denied allegations involving match-fixing and corruption. Meanwhile, Gibbs-White, who nearly transferred to Tottenham Hotspur last summer, has since signed a new contract with Forest.

Neymar Hints at Potential Retirement

Brazilian forward Neymar, who recently extended his contract with his boyhood club Santos, suggested he could retire by the end of 2026. The 34-year-old returned to Santos in January 2025 and scored five goals in his last five matches, playing a key role in keeping the club in the Brazilian top flight.

Speaking to Brazilian outlet Caze, Neymar said, “I don't know what will happen from now on, I don't know about next year. It may be that when December comes, I'll want to retire. I'm living year to year now.”

The forward also reflected on the significance of the year, noting its importance for Santos, the Brazilian national team, and the upcoming World Cup in Canada, Mexico, and the United States. Neymar, who has scored 79 goals for Brazil, has been sidelined since October 2023 due to injuries, including a recent knee surgery. Brazil manager Carlo Ancelotti has emphasized that only fully fit players will be considered for the tournament.

ADD A COMMENT :

Hot Topics

close button
Please fill captcha :